Press & Web
Live Events (virtual/in-person)
- Stoop Storytelling Series Holiday Hootenanny: Dr. Josué was a guest storyteller at Stoop Storytelling’s Holiday Hootenanny at Baltimore’s historic Senator Theatre (December 2019). He spoke about a treasured (and humorous!) memory from the holidays in Haiti. To listen to his story, click here.
- Taking Control of Your Heart Health Virtual Summit: Dr. Josué joined a panel of other medical professionals for heart health month. He spoke with AKA members about rewriting our brain’s stress response, and how that can improve heart health. For the recording, click here.
- America Meditating Radio Show with Sister Jenna: Dr. Josué was a guest on the America Meditating Radio Show, discussing his book Twelve Unending Summers: Memoir of an Immigrant Child and offering tools to live our best lives possible (May 2019). To listen to the podcast, click here.
- Awakenings podcast with Michele Meiche: Dr. Josué was a guest on the Awakenings podcast, discussing why we need self-compassion to thrive (July 2019). To listen to the podcast, click here and advance to 52:24.
- “The Indispensable Tools: Self-Compassion,” Different Brains (October 2019)
- “The Indispensable Tools: Emotional Intelligence,” Different Brains (March 2020)
Reviews of Twelve Unending Summers